The Ramblings Inside My Creative Mind: Farewell 2017

Well well well, 2017. You really outdid yourself. The last few years of my life seemed to be a downward spiral of tragedy, heartbreak, death, loss, and well little good seemed to come from 2012-2016. It took 2017 to show me that there is a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
        When we started I just wanted 2016 to end. We’d lost so many icons and I lost my own personal hero, my father. 2016 was probably the toughest of my life. 2017 brought me a few adventures. I was able to attend of few comic cons. Traveled to Cleveland with my best friend, (the first road trip we’ve had in years) so that I could meet Anthony Mackie. Over the course of the year I’ve met David Tennant, Billy Boyd, and John Barrowman. I got to visit my second home, Chicago, twice this year. One of those times to see my favorite band, U2. Seeing the Joshua Tree Tour was such an amazing moment that I will cherish. 2017 gave that to me. I got a tattoo to honor my father and had my mother there with me to experience it. It was emotional, but at the same time, beautiful. Late July my best friend had a baby boy. I was and am so happy for her. I get to see her become the most amazing mom that I knew she would always be. I also get some practice just in case this bitter old lady decides she wants to have some of her own. I will admit that, even though I’ve spent my whole life saying I’d never have children, I’m leaning more the opposite direction.The reason for that is what has made my whole year. I (re)met an old friend from high school and, to my surprise, fell in love with him. I’ve dealt with so many losers in my life I didn’t even know what it was like to be with an understanding, caring, decent man. Now that I have him I never plan to let him go. He is the biggest gift 2017 has ever given me.
       I can’t wait to see what 2018 has to offer. I will be starting the year by returning to school. My year will start off in a positive direction. I hope 2018 will bring more happiness to my relationship, my life, my career, my family, and my friends. Finally, just finally I feel like things are starting to look up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

-Asia Aneka Anderson 2017©

No comments:

Post a Comment